Thursday, September 10, 2009

Landon's first day of school


Yesterday was Landon's first day of school. All I have to say is wow. It seems like yesterday when I found out I was pregnant. That is a story of its own. Anyhow, I knew Landon would be fine and walk right in, sit down and that would be it. He is very independent and I explain it to people by telling them that we ignored him as a child:) I was not so sure about myself and I did not want to be that mother who cried all the way to the preschool and all the way home. So all the way there I silently chanted "I will not cry, I will not cry". I was good to go. Then we got to the school and got in line. The child behind us had his little head buried in his mothers stomach. When he glanced up his eyes looked as if he had been crying for days. His mother seemed ok, but you could tell she was holding it together for her child. The child was mumbling "don't leave me I want to go home". I felt so bad for the mother and the child that can you believe it I almost started to cry for them. I did tear up but stood my ground and decided that the little boy would be fine. Yes, I am ridiculous. So back to my son, the day went great. Nick got to talk to him before and after school. He gave him the fatherly stay in school and learn a lot speech. We are so blessed that he is able to call so often. Landon did try to pack markers and a cell phone in his back pack. he tried to convince me that he would need those items. After school I went and picked him up. The way the teacher does drop off and pick up is she has you stand in a line and separately go to the door and announce your self. The parents never even go inside the class room. When it was my turn to get Landon, he came running to the door with a picture that said "I survived my first day of preschool". On the way home Landon said all he did was play. Before school started I told Landon there were things he need to know for preschool such as his ABC's and how to wipe his own bum. When I asked Landon if he learned anything he said that his teacher told him that he did not need to know his ABC's until a different school. He also said that he went number 2 and his teacher wiped him. I think my son is a manipulator and told me that to get me off his back. He also said that he and his friend were fighting but his friend started it. We are probably going to have our hands full. Oh well, life goes on.

1 comment:

  1. the part about the abc's and wiping his #2 was hilarious! Mine just refused to go #2 at school so props to your kid for getting his business done at school. And what did you get to do today?

    ReplyDelete


blueberries

blueberries
Landon and Izzy picking blueberries (mostly eating them)