Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chocolate muffins

In the past my family ate really healthy, or I though we did. No pop, very little sweets. Nick and Landon would do ice cream floats once in a while:) One of my goals while Nick is gone is to get back into shape. Although we ate healthy I still felt like we were not doing everything we could. So I decided to go to whole grain classes and do research. I have found some great, easy recipes that Landon loves and they are easy to make. Once in awhile I will post them for you all to enjoy. The first recipe is from my friend and Arbonne partner Jeanna. Her husband made these one day and I fell in love with them! I like them better then cupcakes:)

Chocolate Muffins

1Box of Devils food cake mix (lowest fat one you can find)
1 teaspoon of Vanilla
1 small can of pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie)
a little water

Mix in bowl. divide in 12 muffin cups (I put then in paper cups so you don't have to use cooking spray). Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or whatever the box says.

Super easy. I buy the large can of pumpkin and double the recipe. I then freeze them in zip locks and take them out when I want a snack. I have also swapped out the devils food cake for carrot. YUM!
One more thing. I sometimes will add a few chocolate chips because sometimes a girls just wants some chocolate!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm famous! I got my name in a BLOG.
    I'm so glad to be your Arbonne partner, but more importantly - your friend! Glad God has blessed me with you. :) Jeanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! I am going to try out this blog thing and see how it works. So many people have asked me for that recipe, why not post it! I had to give credit where it was due though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Aidan had at least 3 as soon as they were cool enough to eat! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete


blueberries

blueberries
Landon and Izzy picking blueberries (mostly eating them)