Sunday, August 30, 2009

I might be crazy.

I was watching a show with the chick from blossom. You know that show from the 90's with the best friend named six. Apparently so does all of this alternative parenting. I will say some of it was a little weird. What caught my attention was the fact that she uses cloth diapers. So of coarse I spent my Saturday morning doing research on the topic, along with some research on lemon trees but that is another subject. Let me start by saying that I was in cloth diapers for a small amount of time. Let me also say that Nick and I both try to do our part for the earth. When Landon was a baby we always said how bad it was that we threw so many diapers away everyday. Nick did his part by not changing Landon's diaper until it was falling off of him. lol
I started looking up types of cloth diapers, how to clean them, and where to buy them. I found out a couple things. One, cloth diapers have changed so much since I was a wee one. They are not that white cloth that you have to fold and pin and place a plastic cover on. They actually look like fabric diapers the either Velcro or snap. The second thing I discovered is although the initial cost is a little high, I am not going to have to buy diapers every month! woohoo! more shopping money! My third thought is how great is this going to be for the earth. I am turning in to such a hippie and I like it!
I did write a letter to Nick. He probably thinks i have lost it and has chosen not to write me back. Just a dis closer, I am not pregnant, but we are trying:) Well not right now that would be a little hard!

4 comments:

  1. The whole time I was reading that I was thinking - holy cow, is she pregnant?? Good luck trying... hehe.... Do you have my address for the catalog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, just planning better this time. I feel like with Landon we planned to have him but not how to take care of him:) This time I am going to be picky and not just do things because the doctors say thats what I should do. I don't have your address but email it to me. You can view products online at arbonne.com until I get you a catalog and sample.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing...is Danica Pregnant. What a wierdo spending your saturday morning looking at diapers for a baby that isn't even on the way yet. I love you Danica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know me krystal! When I get on something I am so on it.

    ReplyDelete


blueberries

blueberries
Landon and Izzy picking blueberries (mostly eating them)