Wednesday, August 19, 2009

pita pizza

Another recipe! Landon and I make this one once a week. He likes it because he can help me make them. I like it because it is not a hot dog:) This one got from a whole grain cooking class that I went to.

Pita Pizza
whole wheat pita's uncut (usually found by the deli)
spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
part skim milk mozzarella cheese
frozen peppers and onion (found in frozen food section)
I like to use the frozen because I can keep them on hand in the freezer and use them when I need them. You can use what ever toppings you want though.
assemble and bake at 425 for 15 minutes or until bubbly

Just a side note. I am the freezer queen. I freeze everything. nick thinks I am crazy for this reason alone. You can freeze the pita's, the cheese and use frozen veggies in this recipe. That way you will always have the items on hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment


blueberries

blueberries
Landon and Izzy picking blueberries (mostly eating them)